Saturday, January 30, 2010

This is my bright power led blog



I'm wanting to get a small LED setup going which will run all the time, even when the rig is off (if possible). It will only be like 2 or 3 LEDs and I may incorporate a switch to the circuit if I get annoyed by the 24/7 lighting.

  1. Which connection on the motherboard/power supply will I need in order to power the LEDs constantly?

  2. Which connection will I need to power the circuit, it needs to be around 9V (tested with a 9v battery)?



Please share any information you think I may need.



Thankyou in advance.

So in a previous post I talked about ordering LED Replacement Lightbulbs for my dome lights.



I found it interesting to learn that these are called Festoon Bulbs. I don't know why I do, but I like that word.



Today, I took the 5 minutes needed and installed them. Here's what they looked like with the LED Bulb put in:





Here's what it looked like Hanging Loose:





BEFORE:





AFTER:





So, these are significantly brighter. The light is White light though not the soft yellow of a incandescent bulb. These use less energy (1 Watt as opposed to 10 Watts) and won't ever burn out or suffer from vibration.



Not sure if I like the White Light though. I have to think about that one.



That's about it.



Casey
high power led manufacturer

No comments:

Post a Comment